Import into Endnote using Evaluated Medline
(working with Power 5, Power 3 and Sprenger-group computers)
1. Click on the link Eval. Medline
2. You will be connected to the BioMedNet Medline search tool
3. Type in your search
example: leptin:au and 'Drosophila gastrulation'
the :au restricts the search for leptin to the author list
the ' xxx yyy' find the search term xxx yyy only if xxx is next to yyy in the text.
4. From the search results page check the box: direct
import into Endnote
and select to view selected or view all.
5. Endnote should launch and then asks you in which reference library to import.
6. Select a reference library
7. The program will put a file on the desktop called medline.x
(x for any number)
please move this file to the trash when you are done.